Dolphins Swim Club
The Norman Park State School & District Swimming Club (aka The Dolphins) is a sub- committee of the NPSS P&C Association.
It provides a great chance to learn and improve your child’s swimming in a fun and non-competitive environment.
- New participants and their families are welcome.
- Good sportsmanship is valued in a family friendly environment.
- The focus is on trying your best and personal achievement.
Club times and information
The Dolphins Swim Club operates every Friday night at the school pool from Term 4 in October to the end of Term 1, except for the Christmas school holidays. A club night runs from 5:30pm for a 6pm start until approximately 7:30pm. A BBQ dinner is available each night.
- Participation is $125 or $85 for 13m swimmers - or a half season participation
- Pack includes – club togs, swim cap, water bottle, presentation night
- The season runs through Term 4 and Term 1 (not school holidays).
- We have races for all ages and abilities every Friday night between 6pm and 7:30pm.
- Additional carnivals with other clubs on selected Saturdays or Sundays.
- Have a night off cooking without breaking the bank - our delicious BBQ every Friday night is reasonably priced.
Skill level and competition
Children do not have to be good swimmers to enjoy the benefits of our Swimming Club. Swimmers of all levels take part in the time trials with the aim of bettering their own times. Times are recorded and improvement points are awarded for each swim. These points are tallied at the end of each season, with the swimmer attaining the most points being named Club Champion.
For the little kids there is a 'half-pool' race that is not timed and each child is assisted by one of the senior children so it is suitable for even the weakest of swimmers.
More information is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or downloading our promotional flier, FAQ, and/or Participation Form.
Swim club committee
President: Anna Eves
Secretary: Leonie Skewis
Treasurers: Jennifer Mackay